Board of Directors Job Description and Expectations
The Purpose of the Board of Directors for Corey’s Network, Inc. :
- To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction
- To assist with the leadership and general promotion of Corey’s Network, Inc.
- To support the organization’s mission and needs
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Fiscal management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Personnel evaluation and staff development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Corey’s Network, Inc. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors will meet on the third Sunday of every other month, at 2:00 p.m. Meetings typically last 90 minutes. (Some adjustments may be made due to other scheduling needs.) Meeting schedule and location will be communicated with board members in a timely manner.
- Committees of the board meet an average of two times per month, pending their respective work agenda.
- Board members are asked to attend no less than two special events per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Corey’s Network, Inc. mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote Corey’s Network, Inc. mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with Corey’s Network, Inc. finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of Corey’s Network, Inc.
- Financially support Corey’s Network, Inc. in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
- Length of term is one year, which may be continued as desired, pending approval of the board.
If you are someone who is interested serving on our board just click here. In the message box type in that you want to apply to be on the Board of Directors