Mental Health Resources
If have lost a friend or family member to homicide, please seek out a grief counselor for you and your family. It is important in the healing process.
Benilde Hall Program – To provide services for treating substance use, mental health, and homelessness so that individuals may return to the community as responsible, employed, and permanently housed contributing members of society.
- Our Programs and Services :
- Transitional Housing
- Permanent Housing
- Mental Health Court / Drug Court
- Grant and Per Diem Program
- Emergency Housing Program
- Safe Haven
- Address : 3220 East 23rd Street Kansas City, Missouri 64127
- Phone : Phone: (816) 842-5836
- Email : email@example.com
- For more information see the website at : https://www.benildehall.org/
Cornerstones of Care – Offers outpatient counseling. For information or assistance call them at : 816-508-3500 or see the website at https://cornerstonesofcare.org/Our-Services/Youth-and-Family-Support/Intervention-Services/Outpatient-Counseling
- The other services provided are :
- Youth & Family Support – Helping youth gain independence through social and living support programs while empowering families with the skills and resources they need to be successful.
- Foster Care & Adoption – Reunifying and uniting families while recruiting and providing support to foster parents and youth in foster care.
- Education & Trainings – Helping students achieve academic success while giving educators the tools to create safe learning environments and offering innovative learning opportunities to build and improve knowledge in the community.
- Address : 8150 Wornall Rd. Kansas City, Mo. 64114
- Phone : 816-508-3500
- For more information see the website at : https://cornerstonesofcare.org/
Heartland Center for Behavioral Change – A 501(c)3, nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1982. The mission is to provide behavioral healthcare and substance use disorder treatment services to help individuals lead healthier, happier, more productive lives. At Heartland Center, we believe that every individual who suffers from an addiction to drugs or alcohol needs professional help at the earliest possible stage.
- Programs offered are :
- Withdrawal Management
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Court Services
- Community Transitional Unit
- Substance Abuse Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Address : 1730 Prospect Ave. Kansas City, Mo. 64127
- Phone : (816) 421-6670
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information see the website at : https://www.heartlandcbc.org/
Mental Health America of The Heartland Helpline: 913-281-2221.
Mental Health Crisis Line: 888-279-8188
Missouri Department of Mental Health: please go to dmh.mo.gov
MOCSA – Their mission is to improve the lives of those impacted by sexual abuse and assault and to prevent sexual violence in our community.
Missouri Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-888- 279-8188.
- Crisis Hotline: 816-531-0233.
- The 24 hour hotline is: 816-531-0233 or 913-642- 0233.
- The Women’s Support Group contact is Jenna, 816-401-0610.
- The all gender support group contact is Emily, 816-285- 1391.
- All Gender Virtual Support Group contact is Melody, 816-285-1322.
- The Men’s Support Group contact is Jorge, 816-946- 8970.
MOSAFE – Missourians Stopping Adult Financial Exploitation
- Text hotline (741741)
- Call hotline (800-273-8255)
NAMI – Focuses On Raising Awareness And Providing Support And Education To Those In Need. They offer a variety of trainings, supports, and more to those needing assistance with mental illness.
- For more info go to: https://namimissouri.org.
- HelpLine is: 800-374- 2138. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on weekdays and 3 p.m.-9 p.m. weekends and holidays.
Preferred Family Healthcare – Community-based health care organization that offers a range of
services in nearly 100 locations. They offer the following services:
- Mental & Behavioral Health
- Substance Use
- Employment Services
- Developmental Disabilities
- Child Welfare
- Medical Services
For more information see the website at : https://pfh.org/
For locations, programs and contact information in the KC Missouri metro see the website at : https://pfh.org/missouri.
For locations, programs and contact information in the KC Kansas metro see the website at : https://pfh.org/kansas
PsychPros – Offers intensive outpatient programs for both youth (13 – 17+) and adults (18+). Patients appropriate for an outpatient level of care demonstrate reliable medication compliance, the ability to maintain home, work or school commitments, and have support from their home and other social environments.
- For more info go to https://www.psychproskc.com/intensive-outpatient-program.html
- Call between 8am and 5pm, Mon through Fri. 816-272-5656.
- After hours emergency number is 816-207-8182
Rediscover – Is a nonprofit community mental health center that provides comprehensive programs and services for adults and children
- Mental Health 24/7 Line: 888- 279-8188
- Mental Health (Children’s Services): 816-966-0900
- Urgent Care (Adults Only): 816-988-2739. Urgent Care for adults is at 7001 Blue Ridge Blvd. The hours are 7 days a week from 9 a.m.-9.p.m. Walk-ins are accepted until 7:30 p.m.
- For more info go to https://www.rediscovermh.org
Rose Brooks – The mission of Rose Brooks Center is to break the cycle of domestic violence so that individuals and families can live free of abuse.
- For more info go to : https://www.rosebrooks.org/
- If you need immediate assistance, please call our 24-hour helpline, 816-750-2696.
Samuel U. Rodgers – Their mission is to provide high quality, compassionate, and affordable healthcare for all.
- For more information please go to : https://samrodgers.org/
- Phone ( 816) 474-4920
Solace House – The mission of Solace House is to provide hope for grievers
- For general info please go to Solice House Info
- For referral for grief counseling for individuals Individual Referral
- For referral for grief counseling for families Family Referral
Starfish Transitional Living – Starfish provides sober living housing, job support, peer support, and mental health resources for women aged 18 to 28 in recovery.
- For more information please go to: https://www.starfishsobrietyhouse.org/
Swope Health – Provides primary health care and behavioral health services throughout Greater Kansas City.
- For more information please go to Swope Health Info
- Phone (816) 923-5800